DR TIMOTHY SMITH
CALL 07 3830 3370
Brisbane City, Taringa, Bundaberg
Dr Timothy Smith is a urologist with a special interest in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, urologic oncology (cancer surgery), and benign diseases of the prostate.
Dr Smith completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Queensland in 2008. He trained throughout Queensland and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in January 2017.
After completing his training, he undertook a sub-speciality fellowship in robotic surgery at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, England. Tim’s sub-specialty training included robotic surgery for prostate, bladder and kidney cancer, with a focus on the novel ‘retzius sparing’ approach to robotic radical prostatectomy.
In addition to private practice, Dr Smith is a consultant urologist at the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee hospital. He enjoys teaching surgical trainees, junior doctors and medical students.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Science)(Queensland University of Technology), 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland), 2008
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 2017
- Fellowship at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, England, 2017-18
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
- Minimally invasive urologic surgery, including robotic, laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery
- Urologic oncology – kidney, bladder and prostate cancer
- Benign diseases of the prostate
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Academy of Surgical Educators (ASE)
CURRENT HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Associate lecturer, University of Queensland