DR TIMOTHY SMITH
CALL 07 3830 3370
DR TIMOTHY SMITH | BApSc (MedSc), MBBS (Qld), FRACS (Urol)
Dr Timothy Smith is a urologist with a special interest in:
- minimally invasive surgery: endoscopic, laparoscopic (key hole), and robotic surgery
- bladder, kidney, and prostate cancer
- kidney stones
- benign prostate diseases, such as prostate enlargement.
Tim completed a Bachelor of Applied Science at the Queensland University of Technology in 2004, and a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Queensland in 2008. He trained in Brisbane and regional Queensland and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2017.
After completing his training, he undertook a sub-speciality fellowship in robotic surgery at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, England. Tim’s sub-specialty training included robotic surgery for prostate, bladder and kidney cancer.
Tim is also a Consultant Urologist and the former Director of Urology at the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital.
Tim is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Queensland School of Medicine. He enjoys teaching surgical trainees, junior doctors, and medical students and is a member of the Academy of Surgical Educators.
In his spare time, Tim enjoys swimming and gardening.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Science)(Queensland University of Technology), 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland), 2008
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 2017
- Fellowship in robotic uro-oncology at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, England, 2017-18
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Academy of Surgical Educators (ASE)
- Consultant Urologist, Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland Faculty of Medicine