DR KATHERINE GRAY
CALL 07 3830 3350
DR KATHERINE GRAY | MBBS (Qld), FRACS (Urol)
Dr Gray graduated from the University of Queensland Medical School and undertook her residency and general surgical training in hospitals throughout Queensland, prior to completing advanced training in Urology with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
On completion of her Australian training she was awarded the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand travelling fellowship, and underwent further surgical training in Oxford, United Kingdom. The focus of this year was to gain advanced skills in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for cancer and non-cancerous diseases of the kidney, bladder and prostate.
The following year Dr Gray completed a second surgical fellowship in Christchurch, New Zealand, to further advance skills in male and female voiding difficulties, management of complex incontinence, and advanced renal and ureter stone surgery including laser stone surgery.
Dr Gray has undertaken training in robotic surgery and performed the first robotic assisted laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for post hysterectomy vaginal prolapse in Queensland.
Dr Gray was instrumental in the implementation of the use of intravesical Botox® under local anaesthetic in Australia and she continues to perform bladder Botox® injection under local anaesthetic without need for general anaesthetic. She also offers cystoscopies under local anaesthetic in our consulting rooms at Brisbane Urology Clinic, Wickham Terrace.
Open access video urodynamics (study of bladder functioning) is available on Brisbane Northside and Southside and in Rockhampton.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland), 1999
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 2007
- Fellowship at the Churchill Hospital, Oxford, England, 2008
- Fellowship at the Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2009
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU)
- International Continence Society (ICS)
- Associate Lecturer, University of Queensland Faculty of Medicine
- Visiting Medical Officer, Queensland Health, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital