DR JONATHAN CHAMBERS
CALL 07 3830 3380
Brisbane City, Ipswich
Dr Jonathan Chambers is a urologist with sub specialty fellowship training as a robotic urological surgeon. He is highly skilled in minimally invasive robotic surgery, specialising in robotic prostate cancer surgery and the management of other urological cancers.
Along with sub-speciality skills in robotic surgery, Dr Chambers is also highly proficient in the medical and surgical management of kidney stone disease, management of urinary symptoms, men’s health issues and general urology. Dr Chambers is committed to providing an individualised and patient centred approach to the care of his patients.
Dr Jonathan Chambers is an accredited urological surgeon with AHPRA specialist recognition. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) and the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ). He is also a member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
Dr Chambers is a University of Queensland Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery graduate and obtained his surgical fellowship through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ) completing his surgical fellowship in Queensland. Dr Chambers has completed sub-specialty fellowship training in the field of minimally invasive robot surgery at the RBWH, Brisbane.
Dr Chambers has obtained a Master of Public Health through the University of Queensland which affords him a unique perspective on patient experiences with a strong emphasis on the importance of key outcome areas such as quality of life. He currently holds the position of Lecturer at the University of Queensland.
We are excited to announce that Dr Chambers is now available for consultation in Brisbane City and St. Andrews Ipswich Private Hospital.
- Bachelor of Science (University of Queensland), 2003
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland), 2007
- Masters of Public Health (University of Queensland), 2010
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 2018
- Robotic Oncology Fellowship at the Royal Brisbane Hospital, 2018-19
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
- Robotic prostatectomy
- Urologic oncology
- Stone disease
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
CURRENT HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- St Andrews Private Hospital Ipswich
- Ipswich Public Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Wesley Hospital
- Senior lecturer, University of Queensland