DR GLEN WOOD
CALL 07 3830 3320
DR GLEN WOOD | BSc (Hons), MBBS (Qld), FRACS (Urol)
Educated at Melbourne Boys High school, Dr Wood completed a bachelor of science majoring in physiology and biochemistry at Monash University, Victoria. This was followed by 2 years of respiratory physiology research on a Commonwealth scholarship before he commenced his medical training in Queensland.
Dr Wood obtained his medical degree at the University of Queensland and completed his advanced surgical training in Urology in Queensland in 1999.
Following further training in Christchurch, New Zealand, to obtain further experience in laser stone surgery and the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, Dr Wood returned to Brisbane as a consultant urologist and commenced practice at Greenslopes Private Hospital in 2001.
Dr Wood has completed training in seed brachytherapy at the Seattle Prostate Institute and founded Queensland’s first seed brachytherapy program at the Greenslopes Private Hospital in 2003. Dr Wood has mentored brachytherapy units in Queensland, New South Wales, and Singapore.
He is one of the founding surgeons in the establishment and development of the Greenslopes Private Hospital robotic radical prostatectomy program which commenced in 2008, Queensland’s first. He has performed over 1000 robotic prostatectomies and been involved in the robotic training of urologists at Greenslopes Private Hospital and other Queensland Hospitals.
Since returning to Brisbane as a Consultant Urologist in 2001, Dr Wood has worked in collaboration with many of Brisbane’s leading IVF specialist, harvesting sperm for a wide range of causes of male infertility. Procedures range from open sperm collection performed comfortably under local anaesthetic, right through to microsurgical sperm retrieval. Dr Wood also performs microscopic vasectomy reversal and vasectomy.
Dr Wood is the past Senior Examiner of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons Court of Examiners (Urology), serving on the court for a decade.
He is a former chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee at Greenslopes Private Hospital, past private practice representative on the Queensland clinical senate, and holds the appointment of Senior Lecturer, Department of Surgery, University of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 1999
- Fellowship in Urologic laser stone surgery and the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2000
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- The Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS)
- The Australian Brachytherapy Group
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)