DR GLEN WOOD
DR GLEN WOOD | BSc (Hons), MBBS (Qld), FRACS (Urol)
Dr Glen Wood completed a Science degree and two years of full time research at Monash University, Victoria, prior to completing his medical degree at the University of Queensland. He completed his advanced surgical training in Urology in Queensland and was the urology registrar at Greenslopes Private Hospital in 1997. Following further training in Christchurch, New Zealand, to obtain further experience in laser stone surgery and the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, Dr Glen Wood returned to Brisbane as a consultant urologist and commenced practice at Greenslopes Private Hospital in 2001.
Dr Wood has completed training in Seed Brachytherapy at the Seattle Prostate Institute and founded Queensland’s first Seed brachytherapy program at the Greenslopes Private Hospital in 2003.
Since returning to Brisbane as a Consultant Urologist in 2001, Dr Wood has worked in collaboration with many of Brisbane’s leading IVF specialist, harvesting sperm for a wide range of causes of male infertility. Procedures range from open sperm collection performed comfortably under local anaesthetic, right through to microsurgical sperm retrieval. Dr Wood also performs microscopic vasectomy reversal and vasectomy.
Dr Wood is a member of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons court of examiners and is one of the founding surgeons in the establishment and development of the Greenslopes Private Hospital robotic radical prostatectomy program. He has performed over 800 robotic prostatectomies and been involved in the robotic training of urologists at Greenslopes Private Hospital and other Queensland Hospitals.
He is currently the chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee at Greenslopes Private Hospital and is a financial supporter of the Gallipoli Foundation.
His interests include diagnosis and management of prostate cancer, stones and infertility.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 1999
- Fellowship in Urologic laser stone surgery and the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2000
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
- Diagnosis and management of prostate cancer
- Brachytherapy for prostate cancer
- Kidney stones
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- The Society of Robotic Surgeons (SRS)
- The Australian Brachytherapy Group
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
CURRENT HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Rockhampton Mater Private Hospital
- Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee, Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Court of Examiners, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons