DR ANDREW KELLER
CALL 07 3830 3355
DR ANDREW KELLER | BSc, MBBS (Qld), FRACS (Urol), MIPDEd
Dr Andrew Keller is a Brisbane born and raised Urological Surgeon. He completed his undergraduate Bachelor of Science in 2004 prior to completing his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in 2008, both at the University of Queensland.
His urology fellowship training was undertaken in multiple locations around Queensland prior to becoming a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology) in February 2021.
Andrew then undertook additional training at the EAU Robotic Urology Section (ERUS) approved training centre of Royal Berkshire Hospital in the UK between 2021 and 2022. Here he gained experience in both upper and lower urinary tract robotic surgery not limited to prostatectomy including the retzius-sparing approach, radical cystectomy, partial nephrectomy, pyeloplasty and ureteric reimplantation. He also gained additional experience in Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) and urethroplasty including buccal mucosal grafting.
In addition to robotic procedures, Andrew is very experienced in endoscopic surgery including prostate, bladder cancer and upper and lower urinary tract stone surgery, including percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
Andrew is a consultant Urologist at Ipswich Hospital. He is available for consultations in Brisbane, Ipswich and Rockhampton. Andrew is also a Senior Lecturer with the University of Queensland.
Outside of work Andrew is a husband and father to two monsters adorable kids and a (mad) keen cyclist.
- Bachelor of Science (University of Queensland), 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Queensland), 2008
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 2021
- Diploma of Membership of the International Postgraduate Deanery (Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh), 2022
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Member of the Internal Postgraduate Deanery – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh(RCSEd)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- Consultant Urologist, Ipswich Hospital
- Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland Faculty of Medicine