DR JASON PATERDIS
CALL 07 3830 3360
Brisbane City, Wellers Hill, Bundaberg
UROLOGIST - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF BRISBANE UROLOGY CLINIC
Dr Jason Paterdis is a consultant urological surgeon, having obtained his fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Jason graduated with first class honors in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from the University of Queensland, also earning a Dean’s award for academic excellence.
Along with training in all fields of general urology, Jason has had extensive sub-specialty fellowship training in robotic surgery, with a particular focus on minimally invasive urological oncology.
Jason is a robotic surgeon in the Queensland Robotic Surgery (QRS) Unit at Greenslopes Private Hospital. QRS is now one of Australia’s busiest robotic surgical units utilising the latest Da Vinci Xi units.
Along with vast experience in robotic radical prostatectomies, Jason also performs robotic kidney surgery (radical nephrectomies, partial nephrectomies and pyeloplasty).
Jason utilises the latest technology in prostate cancer diagnostics including MRI guided prostate biopsy, trans-perineal prostate biopsy and PSMA scanning, providing a tertiary state-wide referral service for complex prostate cancer diagnostics.
Jason is a principle investigator and clinical lead in a number of research activities, including Prostate Cancer Outcomes Registry (PCOR), Cx bladder trial for the diagnosis of bladder cancer, and GAP 4 (outcomes in men with advanced prostate cancer).
Within Queensland health, Jason is the clinical lead in Urology for the Clinical Referral Criteria (CRC) project, which aims to improve referral patterns amongst general practitioners for specialist surgical services in Queensland.
Jason is the Director of Urology and consultant surgeon at the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital, visiting medical officer at Greenslopes Private Hospital, Princess Alexandra Hospital and the Friendlies Society Private Hospital in Bundaberg.
Along with his Brisbane practice, Jason also consults and operate frequently in Bundaberg at the Friendlies Society Private Hospital and the Wellers Hill Medical Centre.
Holding a position as an associate lecturer with the University of Queensland means Jason is heavily involved in ongoing teaching, training and development of medical students and doctors.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (University of Queensland), 1998
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (First class Honours)(University of Queensland), 2007
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), 2010
SUB SPECIALTY INTERESTS
- Robotic surgery
- Minimally invasive urologic oncology
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATION
- Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) – Specialist Urologist
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- The Society of Robotic Surgeons (SRS)
CURRENT HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Friendly Society Private Hospital, Bundaberg
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Director, Department of Urology, Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- Associate lecturer, University of Queensland